Landisville, PA, (May 18, 2012) — Electron Energy Corporation’s first facility—a milk house on a farm near Manheim, PA—has been recognized as a Historical Landmark by ASM International, the Materials Information Society.
The dedication ceremony will be held on Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 at 10:00 AM at EEC’s current location, 924 Links Avenue Landisville, PA.
Electron Energy Corporation is one of the world’s leading producers of rare earth magnets and magnet assemblies for critical applications. Today, EEC is the only vertically integrated, United States producer of rare earth magnets.
The milk house, owned by Kreider Farms and located at 585 S. Penryn Road near Manheim, was the first building occupied by EEC and is estimated to have been built between 1940-1950. This farm building is a classic example of the modest origins from which a small, start-up company rose to become a high-tech, international leader in the production and supply of rare earth magnets which are critical components in many military, aerospace, and medical applications.
ASM is the leading society dedicated to serving the materials science and engineering profession and has over 36,000 members with chapters worldwide. ASM provides authoritative information and knowledge about materials and processes, from nano scale all the way up to large scale structural. Originally founded in 1913 with a narrow focus on steel heat treating, ASM has evolved steadily to become the premier society covering everything material.
In 1969, ASM established the Historical Landmark Designation to “identify permanently the many sites and events that have played a prominent part in the discovery, development, and growth of metals and metalworking.” In 1987, the scope of this award was broadened to include all engineered materials. To date, a total of 126 historical landmarks have been named throughout the world in Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Austria, Finland, United Kingdom, France, Japan, India, Sweden, Italy, and the United States. Included are many well known and widely recognized sites such as the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, the USS Monitor, and the Liberty Bell.
For more information about Electron Energy Corporation’s magnets, design engineering services and magnet assemblies and systems, call toll-free at 1-800-824-2735. Our staff of engineering specialists is available for free technical consultations.
Electron Energy Corporation (EEC) offers unmatched expertise in rare earth magnets, assemblies and systems. Founded in 1970, EEC is a US supplier that develops and produces custom Samarium Cobalt (SmCo) and Neodymium-Iron-Boron (NdFeB) sintered permanent magnets, assemblies and systems. EEC is dedicated to improving rare earth magnet performance to meet the most technically demanding applications in aerospace, military, medical, electronics, and motion control markets. As world-renowned experts in material sciences, testing and 2-D/3-D Finite Element Analysis, our vertically integrated operation provides you with the full range of services to meet your magnetic needs. Visit www.electronenergy.com or call 800-824-2735.Go Back